content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

worse than that..

     i'd like to talk about this old woman that i meet this weekend.  she was polite, friendly, inquisitive and not at all intimidated by me.  the later a major change from the usual.  i smiled and said excuse me and apparently she was able to look past all the things that others see and even complemented those things.  she asked me questions and WAITED for the answers.  i liked her very much and i imagine that she has had a good life.  with an attitude and charisma like hers i bet even the bad times were good.  i wish that i could have been more charming, the way i was when i was younger.  would-a, could-a, should-a.  as a matter of fact there were a number of people that were unusually kind this week end.  there was even a your girl traveling in a car next to me that, when i looked over, she smiled a really warm and genuine smile.  these people like animals must have sensed something.  or maybe "somebody" asked them to be nice.?.

      so my visit to the doctor for my first "i getting a little older and i may need to start keeping and eye on things" physical was pretty uneventful.  i did not expect to hear back from them and certainly not for this.  at 32 there is no way my cholesterol should be so elevated and when i asked if i could use diet and exercise to get it under control the nurse said "no mr. sanchez, you are way past that.  you will need to take medication along with diet and exercise."  wow.  really?  all the exercise and good eating that i have done and my body is still in disarray? i know it's "not that bad", i know that it could be "much worse".  it's still kind of a shitter though and i have a tremendous amount of questions.  how long will it be like this?  how bad is the medication?  so on and so on.  that's the big one though.  i don't want that stuff in my body.  if god made me this way then so be it.  i 'd rather fight it naturally.  hmmm  

No comments:

Post a Comment