content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Friday, February 18, 2011

lonesome dove..

i sit here watching lonesome dove.  and as the opening credits roll i think back to when i was a kid and we watched it on tv.  i would lay there and relish in the newness of life.  for a moment i wished to go back to that time.  sitting there young and open to the world.  till the thought comes into my head.."what would you give to go back there?"  "would you give up your boys to go back there?"  the ultimate sacrifice to gain the "ultimate" gift.  NO!  i have made my life and now i roll in it and enjoy it.  not to mention that to go back would go against the general leson of the movie it self.  life happens and happens as you make it, make it good!

funny enough, right as it was happening josiah wakes up and comes down stairs to watch the "cowboy" movie with me.  the old replaced with the "NEW" memories.  i am blessed.  from watching high plains drifter with my dad to watching lonesome dove with my son.  yep, i am blessed.  every day a gift, nothing but open doors and new opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment