content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

little things

     the other day i took josiah outside in the back yard to play.  after a while i started to pick up dog poop and josiah continued to play on his own, jumping off the deck, going down the slide and running from eva.  some time passed and i realized that i could not hear him anymore.  i must have gotten into my "work" and tuned out.  i turned around and saw him sitting under his slide closest to the side touching the ground.  he wasn't far away, which he could have done if he wanted to, instead he was close by but still somewhat hidden.  (i think this is because he DID want to tell me what happened but was still sort of scared that i would get mad.  so instead of running and hiding, he hid close by)  as i walked over and asked if he was ok he began to cry softly.  that's when i noticed that he had blood all over the front of his shirt, on his hands and running down his chin.

     "what happened son?"
     "your...your just, just going to be, be ssooo mad at me." sobbing lightly.
     "tell me what happened son and let me see your tongue."  i said in an affirmative but easy tone.  it was really all so adorable, save for the blood i guess.
well, he jumped off the deck and bit his tounge.  i took him inside and cleaned him up and explained to him that he could and should come to me when things happen.  "i may be upset but i will never be mad at you son."

        we came back out side so i could finish and he waddled after me, juice in hand looking oh so very "i've got a cool battle scar and i'am nursing it."  as i went back to work i kept an eye on him to see what he would do.  he promptly put his juice down and went over to the exact same spot on the deck to jump off of it again.  i watched him in curious bewilderment.  "don't most kids run away from the thing that hurt them?" i thought to myself.  without any hesitation he jumped off forcefully, really exaggerating the jump and landing.  he then stood up and looked back at the deck with this look in his eyes.  the look that says; "i am not scared, you don't scare me, i am not going to just give up and run...i'll show you...bitch!!" 

     i laughed out loud, really.  he is something else and if just part of me is what makes that up i am really proud and flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment