content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Friday, January 21, 2011

first day

      first day of school went well.  at first i thought i was not going to like either of my profs.  but i was able to over look my preconceived notions and my first impressions of them ended up being good.  i think that my economics teacher is very intelligent.  he also seems to have a good idea of how to "control" his class and (to me) that means we (the people really there to learn) will not have to put up with as many disturbances (i say with fingers crossed).  recently i have been feeling like there is "nothing new under the sun".  i like it very much when you learn something new.  you know one of those moments when you feel yourself suck in a breath and hold it as epiphany hits you.  i have a new toy to play around with in my head as i watch the world silently from my intentionally un-noticeable vantage point.  not just a 1 +1 = 2 thing, but an idea that you can apply to just about any situation and explain why it is going to happen, why it did happen or why the inverse did not happen.

     the only other thing to say about the first day is that it feels weird to be a little older than the rest of your class.  one in particular probably had not a person over 20 other than me and the professor (or is that the professor and i?).  i've been through so much in my life that i don't know if i can relate to these kids.  to them every thing under the sun is new and in a way i can see them taking it for granted.  i wish i could go back to a time when everything was new and shiny.  i might enjoy it more, not that i didn't at the time.  hmmm.  in any case, i think back to classes that i had when i was younger and i am glad i made the decision to intentionally talk to the older folks so that they didn't feel so uncomfortable.  time well spent.

Wil

No comments:

Post a Comment