content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Friday, December 10, 2010

where the river goes...

     today i want to write.  i want to write something powerful and moving.  i don't really think that i want to move anyone else, more so myself.  i just can't seem to think of anything.  i read a post by Don Miller once that said if you want to be a good writer you have to sit down in front of the key board and write something every day.  in this way i guess you are constantly improving and training yourself to get it done even when you don't feel like it. 

     it's sad but today i don't feel like creating anything today.  i feel like tearing something down, argueing, being generally pissed off.  i have to be honest and say that i have let the b.s. of the season, the negativity of others, the slave drivers at work and my own mind get to me.

maybe i am trying to hard.  i think that i will just sit and stare at my picture of the sunrise for a while.  the rest of the world can just wait on me for a little bit.  willie D now checking out, will return in 5 minutes.  hope the world doesn't go to shit in that time. (not really) as my friend the penguin from fight club would say "SLIDE". 

No comments:

Post a Comment