content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Monday, December 13, 2010

community..

    i would like to say that i am completely self sustaining as far as writing ideas go but i am not.  there are times when i could talk about the happenings of the weekend or this and that as life goes.  it feels, to me, that those things tend to lead down into a mundane dribbling that most closely resembles the facebookish lifestyle of today.  "got totally trashed this weekend, hang over cures anyone...." and so on.  over the last couple of months i have started to realize the importance of community and the fact that just because you are part of one does not mean that you are selling out.  with this in mind i take from a writing prompt that a fellow blogger posted recently.

11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? 

11.  the need for people to hit my "like" button.  as much as i hate to admit it there does seem to be ties to value and self worth in relationship with the things we do, say, create and post.  if i could manage to pull myself away from that i think that i could find something more valuable to "concentrate" on.

10.  over indulgence.  in has come to my attention that i have become "soft" in a way.  i need to do more things that make me uncomfortable in order to remind myself of who i truly am.  i think a little toiling in the dirt would bring me closer to the man upstairs.

9.  judgment.  i don't do this much but when i do it does nothing but slow me down.

8.  haters.  i don't really want to associate with people who are only concerned with tearing others down.  i never have and don't really now, but as much as i can i am going to take that out of my life.  i think that my mental health will benefit from this. 

7.  useless pass times, like blogging!! just kidding.  instead of cruising around the net looking for funny videos to laugh at i think my time will be better spent trying to learn something.

6.  the unapproachable look.  with some thought i could figure out when and where this came from not to mention how it is cultivated but i need to work on getting rid of it.  i would like to be seen as charming not standoffish for the sake of making good, long lasting, healthy friendships. 

5.  stress.  i mean the kind of stress that is self imposed.  i am sure my all around health will benefit from this.


  well, right at the moment i don't think that i can come up with four more things.  i could say things like; fast food and such but realistically....mmmm probably not.  if i come up with anything else that seems good enough to touch on I'll revisit this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment