content

this is a place for my random thoughts, memories and to act as a general place for me to flush out the many things that i postulate on. it is intended for no purpose what so ever other than to entertain myself and practice my writing. maybe in some distant future my boys will find this and be able to take a peak inside their dad's mind. i am speaking to no one in particular and one of things that i want to concentrate on heavily is to keep the narcissism out of this blog. i will not win the noble peace prize with it and don't want to. i do not want to get into the habit of checking it a thousand times a day to see if i got any likes or comments. i want this space to be as real and close to resembling me as possible and vise verse.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

ride hungry...

     it's all i can think about.  when i 'm sitting here at work, when i 'm "supposed" to be watching bachelor with the wife, when people are talking to me.  i just want to get out there and ride. last night was softball night and we had a great game, everyone played well on both sides of the field.  i even had my first in the park home run.  i wouldn't say that i didn't or don't give a shit...i would say that it mattered little though, or at least less than usual.  normally i would hang around for a while, drink some beers and chit chat.  not this time.  i just wanted to take off.  get back on the bike.  it's nice to have re-found something that i am passionate about.  whenever anything else or even everything else is going hay-wire i have something to fall back on that makes me happy.  i sometimes wish that it wasn't something having to do with a material thing but it is.  that's really ok with me.  me without a bike is like a samuri without a sword.  it's just that simple, and that complex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment